Nearing the end of its first incarnation the Stedelijk Museum's Q&A design booth almost never made it onto the exhibition floor. Funding shortages were overcome, however, and the interactive communication installation continues to keep visitors connected to the issues.
The famous French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier is in Rotterdam. He arrived on Wednesday 6 February in a special 'Gaultier' edition of the Thalys at Rotterdam Central Station. Gaultier is visiting the city in honour of the exhibition 'The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier.
Whereas the previous edition of the Modefabriek was bathed in sunny weather, the winter edition held on 20 and 21 January contended with a foot of snow. It only added to the positive spirit and according to participants and visitors to the Modefabriek, 2013 was still a great year.
A new book published by nai010 focuses how art and design can be better understood within a democratic framework. Also, how it can be more effective. A lot of the ideas raised focus on objects, or the politics of things, but Mariska van den Berg examines how the relation between citizens and the government can be reinterpreted.
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites