Organized at a new location, the first stand-alone edition of OBJECT Rotterdam was a huge success. The fair attracted over 5.000 visitors. During four days the NAi/The New Institute became the epicenter of design with presentations by renowned galleries and design institutions, labels, and established designers as well as young and upcoming designers.
Dutch design education needs to go back to its roots. It needs to stop celebrating the designer and instead focus again on the design itself as well as the user, says design critic Timo de Rijk this week in a fierce attack on design education in Dutch daily newspaper NRC Handelsblad.
Nearing the end of its first incarnation the Stedelijk Museum's Q&A design booth almost never made it onto the exhibition floor. Funding shortages were overcome, however, and the interactive communication installation continues to keep visitors connected to the issues.
The famous French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier is in Rotterdam. He arrived on Wednesday 6 February in a special 'Gaultier' edition of the Thalys at Rotterdam Central Station. Gaultier is visiting the city in honour of the exhibition 'The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites