Studio Dumbar has been awarded a commission for the design of public space elements in the new city of Unjeong, South Korea.
Dutch design takes hold in South Korea.
Studio Dumbar has been awarded a commission for the design of public space elements in the new city of Unjeong. The new city of 200,000 inhabitants is located near the demilitarized zone on the border between North and South Korea. The project includes the design of 85 elements in terms of signage and street furniture (bus stops, benches, street lights, etc.) and the development of a plan for street advertising.
Studio Dumbar will collaborate on the project together with the Hong-Ik University, the most renowned university in the field of design and architecture in South Korea. The studio will also be responsible for the supervision during the detail and technical development by the teams of the Hong-I University. Samsung Electronics is a major partner in the development of the new city where the latest ICT / Internet technology will be widely available and integrated.
It is the third major contract for Studio Dumbar in South Korea. Previously the agency developed the graphic design of the signs of the South Korean network, a commission from the central government, and developed a new brand identity for Gjin Living.
Points of sale
( 3 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites