SMALL TALK: UXUS, Atelier NL & Marije Vogelzang
Amsterdam-based design studio UXUS has been appointed by London's Tate Modern to design retail shops in the Transforming Tate Modern project.
UXUS will develop retail shops in the existing Tate Modern, housed in the converted Bankside Power Station, in addition to shops to be located in the Herzog & de Meuron designed extension.
The Transforming Tate Modern project responds to developing art practice and visitor needs with the expanded retail shops providing a greater opportunity to offer an increased and diverse range of books and products in line with the richly diverse requirements of Tate’s customer market.
The “Drawn from Clay” series by Atelier NL has been announced by Modern Painters Magazine as the winners of the Inaugural Re:Vision Design Awards. The series comprises hand-crafted pottery made from a specific plot of soil taken from different farms across a 460 square kilometer polder. The prize carries an award of ,000 and a feature in the May issue of Modern Painters magazine.
Meanwhile in other design awards news, "Eat Love" by Marije Vogelzang (BIS) has been acknowledged as Best Design Cookbook for 2010 in the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards which was held as part of the Paris Cookbook Fair.
Points of sale
( 1 Votes, average: 1 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites