Satyendra Pakhalé for Hästens
Satyendra Pakhalé translates the expertise that Hästens uses to make beds to create a new sofa which was launched in an installation during Stockholm Design Week.
Satyendra Pakhalé has created a new sofa for the Swedish bed manufacturer which adopts the same technology which is used to create their famous beds.
Like the beds, the two-seater sofa is hand crafted in Sweden from natural materials such as horsehair, cotton, flax, wool and pine. This is the first piece of furniture that Hästens has produced.
“I am very enthusiastic about this project. It is no traditional sofa, it’s a much more challenging process where I have been very truthful to the technical comfort of the bed. It is a conversation sofa, sophisticated and subtle with a comfortable feeling. The details make the product,” says Satyendra Pakhalé.
The prototype was launched during Stockholm Design Week in a specially designed installation in the Hästens store on Sveavägen featuring a selection of Pakhalé's works. The collaboration between Hästens and Satyendra Pakhalé first began on a project for Wallpaper* magazine.
Points of sale
( 2 Votes, average: 1 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites