Sensuality and Design in Milan. Eroticism with a twist of irony.
The atmosphere of the Red Light District in Amsterdam will be recreated for one week during Milan's Fuori Salone for the Red Light Design Event.
The idea is to demonstrate how sensuality, seduction and eroticism drive human impulses and how designers and leading manufacturers use this stimulating world in their own creations. The exhibition aims to show how design objects can be inspired by an impulse strictly connected to intimacy, how it can become a public object and how the same object can then reclaim its private, personal world when used.
Dutch designers featured include Richard Hutten, Guido Ooms and Karin Lieshout, Philips Design, Jacco Bregonje and Jan Puylaert.
Red Light Design Event is organised by Meike van Schijndel in collaboration with Dutch designers Jacco Bregonje and Jan Puylaert. Supported by Amsterdam Tourism & Convention Board (ATCB).
Address: Via Lodovico il Moro 27
Opening times: 12:00 until 00:00
Press preview: 21 April 2009
Party: 24 April 2009
Time: 20:00 until 24:00
Image: Richard Hutten, Aperativo, Royal Leerdam Crystal
Points of sale
Via Lodovico il Moro 27
( 1 Votes, average: 5 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites