The 21st 'Grand Seigneur', one of the most prestigous awards in the Dutch fashion industry, was presented to Piet Paris (Pieter 't Hoen) during this year's Amsterdam International Fashion Week.
The Grand Seigneur is awarded to a person, company of institution that has given a real boost to the visibility of fashion to the general public. The jury said it was honouring a fashion illustrator who has created a national and international reputation over many years of creative work.
Pieter 't Hoen made his name with his fashion illustrations, with their characteristically powerful lines showing the meaning of the subject at a single glance. His love of fashion design developed early, and fashion shows in Paris and Milan had a great deal of influence on his work.
Pieter 't Hoen graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Arnhem in 1988. He is active in a variety of aspects of the fashion industry. He is co-founder of the Fashion Institute in Arnhem, where he gives a range of master-classes in fashion design. He also teaches 3-D design at a number of arts academies. 't Hoen illustrates for newspapers and magazines in the Netherlands, Japan and the UK. His repertoire is known around the world and is published in other countries too, among them Germany, Belgium, France, Russia and the US.
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites