In September and October 2008, the Dutch cities of Amsterdam and Utrecht will host a wide variety of internationally oriented design and fashion events called FreeDesigndom.
The programme includes Via Milano New Dutch Design (a showcase of new work), Streetlab (a festival of street fashion and design), Multiplicity & Visual Identities (a conference on design research in multicultural societies), the Woonbeurs Amsterdam home show, the Inside Design Amsterdam exhibition, and a symposium on social design from leading-edge design organization Utrecht Manifest.
During the four weeks of FreeDesigndom, Amsterdam will also host, for the first time, ExperimentaDesign. As of 2008, this multidisciplinary event, founded in Lisbon, will take place alternately in Lisbon and Amsterdam. The ExperimentaDesign Amsterdam biennale consists of exhibitions, conferences, ‘open talks’, and side events taking place at unusual locations throughout the city.
One of the main attractions of ExperimentaDesign this year will be Urban Play. Created as a catalyst to inspire creativity in the public domain, this exhibition in Amsterdam, held for the first time in 2008, will provide a global overview of urban design interventions done at street level.
(Image: Melting Pot Lamp by Richard Hutten)
Points of sale
( 2 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites