The National Braid Museum Noordwolde exhibits work by Karin Kortenhorst.
This Spring the National Braid Museum in Noordwolde (Friesland) presents a solo exhibition of work by Karin Kortenhorst, jewellery designer and visual artist from Utrecht. The show ‘Brutale Groei’ or ‘Wayward Growth’ will be on show from 18 February until 20 May.
Karin Kortenhorst creates jewellery and objects in which the braiding of metal thread plays a central role. Using various techniques and methods, often developed by her over the years, Kortenhorst creates objects, constructions and jewellery. Her work is diverse, and comprises both small, wearable pieces of jewellery as larger, theatrical objects. ‘Adorning’ has become secondary in her work, and the wearer, the body becomes part of the installation.
On 10 March, Karin Kortenhorst will host a workshop; ‘the most beautiful piece of jewellery is made by you’.
For more info click here
Main image: ROOD, 2009 Photo: Adriaan van Dam
Points of sale
( 1 Votes, average: 5 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites