If you feel like spending the night inside a Van Gogh painting, book the room at the Hilton Hotel Amsterdam specially created by Irma Boom for the current Van Gogh exhibition.
The exhibition 'Van Gogh and the Colours of the Night' currently showing at the Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum (13 February until 7 June 2009) inspired the Hilton Hotel in Amsterdam to create a hotel room in the style of a Van Gogh painting.
Graphic designer Irma Boom was invited to design the space, using elements from Van Gogh’s 'The Starry Night' and 'The Bedroom' to transform the room.
'The Starry Night' painting was featured in one of Boom's books entitled Colour. In the book, the colours of 80 paintings by artists from the last 4 centuries were developed into colour diagrams and 'art barcodes'. The characteristic barcode for 'The starry night' can be seen on one of the walls of the hotel room with a replica of the actual painting covering the opposite wall. The room is furnished with rustic furniture found in the painting 'The Bedroom' complete with the small portrait paintings and hanging towels.
Points of sale
( 2 Votes, average: 3 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites