Heineken Lounge debuts
That unmistakable shade of Heineken green is the star of the interior at the new Heineken Lounge at New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport.
Heineken has launched its first branded lounged at New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport in the USA.
Designed by Amsterdam-based creative agency UXUS, the Heineken lounge looks rather slick, a calm respite in the chaos of the busy airport. Exclusive airport lounges are normally only accessible for the high-flyers: this lounge is open to the public.
The main feature is the bar itself, composed of illuminated Heineken bottles that radiate the characteristic green hue. Various open and private seating arrangements offer travellers different options to chill out and the low atmospheric lighting is a welcome contrast to the normally over-lighting of airport interiors. After a few drinks, if you think you're seeing Heineken on the walls, that's absolutely correct: the two medals found on the bottle labels compose a pattern that's printed onto the wallpaper. For non Heineken drinkers not to worry, cocktails are also available.
Photography: Dim Balsem
Points of sale
( 7 Votes, average: 3 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites