The Dutch ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations presents four graduate projects inspired by traveling.
Future Travels shows work by four recent graduates from different Dutch academies. From their own perspective and discipline they each made a journey, and found inspiration in the challenges, clichés and estrangements they met on their way.
The results are four different visions which bring the concept of traveling into our life in a different way.
Lonneke van der Palen (photography, Royal Academy of Art the Hague) shows Souvenir, an imaginary journey inspired by the ultimate cliches within the travel photography.
Maaike Fransen (Man and Identity, Design Academy Eindhoven) shows Peripatetic Paraphernalia. A collection of unusual,practical products and inventions, focussed on a nomadic lifestyle.
Hanemaai (textile design, Royal Academy of Art the Hague) shows Stretch out – Home wear. A portable indoor tent kit which allows you to construct your own personal micro shelter whenever and wherever you want.
Nicolaas Hein (fashion design, Royal Academy of Art the Hague) shows Provenlands. A menswear collection inspired by the Goldrush of 1897, in which thousands of men made a dangerous journey in search of gold and happiness.
For the route click here
Points of sale
( 1 Votes, average: 3 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites