Emerging fashion designer Elsien Gringhuis, who recently won the HEMA sustainable design competition, has just won the Best Avantgarde Award 2008 as part of the Createurope : The Fashion Academy Award.
New European fashion talent uncovered.
During a gala ceremony last weekend in Berlin, Createurope : The Fashion Academy Award announced young Dutch fashion designer Elsien Gringhuis as the winner of the Best Avantgarde Award 2008. Gringhuis received €15,000 to develop her career.
This is the first time that the new European fashion design competition for emerging designers and students has been held. Thirty designers in total were nominated, including two other Dutch designers Iris van Herpen and Anneloes Ouwehand. The winners in other categories were Agné Kuzmickaité (Lithuania) for ‘Best Upcoming Designer’, Lisa Uhlenbrock (Germany) for ‘Best Student’ and Natalia Beridze (Georgia) for ‘Audience Favourite’.
It’s been a busy year for Gringhuis who recently finished her studies at Artez Academy of Visual Arts in Arnhem. She was also nominated for the Frans Molenaar Fashion Award 2008 and in September her raincoat was a winner in this year’s HEMA sustainable design competition.
Extra reporting by Kirsten Hartevelt.
Points of sale
( 8 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites