A push for Dutch fashion into the international market.
The winner of the second inaugural Mercedes Benz Dutch Fashion Awards 2008 will be announced on 7 November in a gala affair at the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam. The main award, a cash prize of 25 000 Euros, is to be directed at bringing the winner's label onto a greater international market. The awards are organised by the Dutch Fashion Foundation as an initiative to create a focus moment in the Dutch fashion industry.
This year, seven designers are nominated for the award: Jeroen van Tuyl, Mada van Gaans, Francisco van Benthum, Percy Irausquin (1969- 2008), Joline Jolink, G+N and Monique van Heist.
The award was won last year by Klavers van Engelen who used the prize money to restart their label and whom are now among the designers exploring the Milanese market. They will present their new collection during the award presentation.
Best of luck to all the finalists.
Image: Jeroen van Tuyl, Photography: Marc Deurloo
Image: Mada van Gaans, Photography: Marc Deurloo
Image: Francisco van Benthum, Photography: Marc Deurloo
Image: Percy Irausquin (1969-2008)
Image: Joline Jolink, Photography: Marc Deurloo
Image: Monique van Heist
Points of sale
( 2 Votes, average: 2 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites