Dutch Design Week 2012
With many new products, the latest design trends and developments, and great attention to research and experiment. Below the latest developments and program tips. For more information and backgrounds, go to the event website www.ddw.nl.
With an expected number of 1,800 designers and more than 300 events in nine days, DDW is the largest design event in Northern Europe. Even though during the week Eindhoven is inundated with design, most programme events are clustered in three areas, each with their own character.
Area Strijp, to begin with, hosts talented and renowned designers, the manufacturing industry and the business sector, and numerous educational institutions in an industrial setting with a strong open-studio character.
Area Inner City is situated in the warm and welcoming environment of the Eindhoven inner city and presents vibrant collectives, cultural institutions, crafts and workshops - mostly under curatorship – that are focused on concept, innovation and fashion. Last but not least, Area East surprises with up-and-coming designers and dynamic designer collectives whose hands-on mentality fits perfectly into the experimental area of design enclave Section C on the outskirts of the city. The latter two areas offer an evening programme.
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites