'Mooi Nederland': Ontwerpwerk designs new Dutch stamps depicting five Dutch provincial capitals, that takes people on a scenic meander through the city's main sights.
In 2010, new Dutch stamps depicting five provincial capital cities will be released. Designed by the Hague-based design studio Ontwerpwerk, the stamps travel through Haarlem, Middelburg, Arnhem, Leeuwarden and Maastricht.
The starting point for the design was the 'city walk'. Each stamp is a collage of the city's highlights and history while the stamp sheet features a map of that particular city laid out as a city walk, complete with speech bubbles explaining the city's sights and history. "Our provincial capitals are without exception, interesting places with a fascinating past that up till now are still very visible," says Ed Annink, co-director of Ontwerpwerk. "The beautiful historical city centres just invite you to explore by foot."
The stamps for Haarlem and Middelburg are available now, the other three cities will follow later in the year.
Points of sale
( 6 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites