Big name designers exhibit and debate the issues in FreeDesigndom
Every Friday for the next month, design.nl will keep readers up-to-date on the latest news and views from around the venues. Expect interviews and reviews, tips and previews on all the most exciting exhibitions, lectures and events.
Two Dutch cities. More than twenty events. FreeDesigndom will be a celebration of creativity, innovation, fashion and design right in the heart of Holland.
The scope of events is tailored to ensure that nobody misses out. International design and fashion enthusiasts can be challenged and inspired by big names like Jurgen Bey and Studio Job who are participating in the metamorphosis of the Lloyd Hotel.
Industry professionals can engage in open discussions on the bigger issues steering the direction the design world is taking or listen to lectures from award winning practioners like Rem Koolhaas and Álvaro Siza Vieira.
The general public (and even kids) can tap into what the big buzz in design was in Milan this year with objects by Richard Hutten and Design Drift.
And there will also be a sense of context and history - ten virtual tours of the Rietveld Schröder House, which can normally only be visited through appointment, have been created by celebrated designers and architects.
For the full program, click here. Image: Booktable by Richard Hutten
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites