This exhibition displays the most fantastic Alaïa fashion creations of the last ten years.
Alaïa is one of the last major couturiers still active. The exhibition is a follow-on to the overview of his work shown in the Groninger Museum in 1998, which was subsequently displayed at the Brant Foundation in New York in 2002.
Tunisian-born Azzedine Alaïa is one of the most important fashion designers of the last decades. The name Alaïa stands for glamour, sensuality, style, cut, self-confidence, comfort and, of course, sex appeal. His range of clothing has received great acclaim from celebrities.
During the exhibition period, the Groninger Museum will organize special step-in guided tours on the theme of Azzedine Alaïa in the 21st Century.
Compilation The exhibition Azzedine Alaïa in the 21st Century has been compiled by curator Mark Wilson.
Main image: Azzedine Alaïa, Summer-fall 2003, Photo: Robert Kot, ©Azzedine Alaïa
Points of sale
( 0 Votes, average: 0 out of 5)
click to vote
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites