Amsterdam HQ for United Nude
Architectural shoe brand United Nude opens a new Amsterdam flagship store, debuting their interior design concept, the Wall of Light™.
United Nude, a shoe brand founded by Dutch architect Rem D Koolhaas and English shoe-maker Galahad JD Clark opened a flagship store in Spuistraat, Amsterdam on 22 October 2009.
From injection moulded shoes to high-end carbon fiber heels, United Nude is a brand founded on conceptual design and innovation. The qualities of the brand's products and philosophy are also evident in the interior design of the flagship store, designed by brand Creative Director and architect Rem D Koolhaas. The store is a “dark-shop” concept which means the store is completely dark in all areas other than those where the products are showcased and literally highlighted. The most prominent element of the store design is the Wall of Light™, a computer-controlled LED wall which displays the United Nude products as a work of art encapsulated in geometric frames. The colours of the wall change regularly to vary the atmosphere in the store, ranging from blue to green to red.
United Nude is distributed in over 300 points of sale worldwide in over 30 territories. Up next for the brand in early 2010, are flagship stores to be opened in Shanghai and New York.
Points of sale
( 8 Votes, average: 4 out of 5)
click to vote
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites