Is this your first time in Milan?
It’s my second, two years ago I exhibited here with school and now I’m presenting my own work at various locations throughout the city.
What are you presenting this year and where?
I am presenting my True Colours series, the True Colours miniatures and a series of oxidized mirrors Transience which I developed together with David Derksen. My work is on show at Spring, at Tuttobene, at Transnatural, Most, Frontroom and the highlight is at Vitra.
What is Milan about for you?
Milan is like the quiet before the storm. Designers have worked really hard to get their products finished in time and now its time to reap what you have sown. Milan is where the entire design world comes together so I hope to gain some publicity and some sales. More important to me though is that people will see my work here and remember me when they come back next year. There is a lot of fleeting fame to be had during the Salone but for me it’s a long-term investment.
How does Milan compare to say, Dutch Design Week?
At Dutch Design Week you get to show your work in its experimental first or second stage. Milan is for presenting the finished product. Also it remains the world stage for design.
Points of sale
( 2 Votes, average: 5 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites