2008 Annual for the Art Directors Club of The Netherlands receives bullet wound
To metaphorically suggest the concept of creative targets, Amsterdam-based design agency The Stone Twins 'ordered' the Dutch army to shoot through 600 copies of the 2008 Annual for the ADCN (Art Directors Club of The Netherlands).
Having a shot at creative targets, advertising egos and awards.
The 2008 Annual for the ADCN (Art Directors Club of The Netherlands) has just been launched....with a bang. This year's book, which was created by the Amsterdam-based communications design agency The Stone Twins, explores the idea of creative targets in an unusual way: each of the 600 copies of the annual has a real bullet hole through it after being shot at by the Dutch Army.
Wanting to have a shot at the egos of the advertising world and the notion of awards systems, the concept of the annual had to make an impact without detracting from the visual contents of the book. The image of the circular target ties the book together and on the hot pink cover, forms the physical target for the Dutch army to aim at. After being shot at with a bullet speed of 1200 metres per second, the 300-page book surprisingly lived to tell the story.
Points of sale
( 7 Votes, average: 5 out of 5)
click to vote
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites