Ownership creates responsibility. This simple thought lies behind the social design project by the experimental group Social Design For Wicked Problems in a problematic Amsterdam neighbourhood.
As part of the Rotterdam Design Prize, an essay competition was set among the Dutch design schools and academies. Together with design critic Max Bruinsma and initiator Joanna van der Zanden, Design.nl was part of the judging panel and chose the essay Beyond Wittiness by Heini Lehtinen as the overall winner.
Independent designers fresh from the academies stand next to established names during this year’s Object Rotterdam. The design fair has grown in many ways and this year presents itself independently from big brother Art Rotterdam.
“Marcel Wanders: Pinned up at the Stedelijk, 25 years of design” is Marcel Wanders’ first major museum exhibition since 1999 and the Stedelijk’s first major design exhibition since its reopening. We chat with Marcel before the grand opening.
- Milan 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2013
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012
- Milan 2012
- Amsterdam Fashion Week 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2010
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010
- Dutch Design Double 2010
- Milan 2010
- Design.nl 100th Issue Favourites
- Dutch Design Week 2009
- Dutch Design Double 2009
- Milan 2009
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Going Out - Restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs and hotels
- Graphic Design Festival 2008
- Dutch Design Week 2008
- Retail Therapy - Where to buy Dutch design
- FreeDesigndom 2008
- Milan 2008
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2008
- Design.nl Tokyo favourites